Every so often it’s a good idea to go through your wardrobe and throw out anything that you no longer wear or need. But what should you do with the items that you’ve barely worn?
We All Sew recently provided these great suggestions that will leave you inspired!
- Turn your t-shirt into an apron – The reason that t-shirts make a great apron is that they are absorbent, colourful and wash well.
- Make recycled shopping bags – With only a few simple steps, your old t-shirt could be contributing to the reduction of plastic bags by being sewn into a tote bag.
- Large mens shirts make great ladies summer tops – Create gorgeous smock-style tops or stylish pleated blouses from your partner’s unused shirts.
- Bring old jumpers and cardigans to life with embellishments – Use buttons and excess fabric from other items you no longer want or use to make flowers and designs that inject some new life into your knits.
- Refashion worn-to-death dresses into skirts for a fresh take on your favourite wardrobe item.
If there are any gently used items of clothing that you won’t be upcycling into something new, then we recommend that you donate it to a charity store and help someone in need.